Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fallback Mode (Classic Session) To Be Dropped From GNOME 3.8 ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

Fallback Mode (Classic Session) To Be Dropped From GNOME 3.8 ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

Hmm, not sure what to think here.  I guess this means Ubuntu as well?  Dang, as I am not liking Unity anymore.  It seems to be heavy resource wise.  Plus, I can only get Gnome classic/fallback to get my quad monitors to work without much fuss.  I've installed Mint with Cinnamon DE on my laptop, and I like it pretty well so far.  I think I will use this if Gnome classic goes out the way.  I tried to install the Cinnamon DE in Ubuntu, but I am not sure if it worked as it looks exactly like Gnome classic, which could be good, but I thought it would look more like Mint, I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment