Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ubuntu 11.10 - update on a few things from me

Ok, so I installed Ubuntu 11.10 on a few of my computers at school and have noticed a few things.

First, it seems that Ubuntu finally updated its repositories in the USC to reflect the latest wxMaxima version which is 11.04.



I also noticed that is seems synaptic package manager is slowly becoming obsolete.  I could install it, but I couldn't run it while the USC was open.  So I decided to install my wanted extra TeX Live packages from the USC instead.  It worked pretty well.


I am also cutting down on software packages, especially for math/science.  I have cut off the simple graphing and calculating software such as KAlgebra, Libniz, Euler, etc., and I am sticking mainly with wxMaxima and Sage.  I am also trying to get into Python.

No comments:

Post a Comment