Monday, October 10, 2011

References for electrodynamics

So I am taking a class entitles "Mathematical Methods for Physicists."  This class is pretty difficult because the teacher is a physicists and teaches from his experiences and background.  The title of the class points to this as well.  This class was merged into an official math class as well as a physics class.  I am not complaining by any means, :P.  I am really enjoying the class, even though it is requiring some extra time to catch up on physics terms, equations, etc. that I, as an engineer, do not know very well.  It is interesting as I have recently found respect and an interest in the theoretical physics from documentaries and shows on TV.  Things like relativity, black holes, quantum physics, string theory, astrodynamics, etc. One topic I come across in the class is electrodynamics.  I will be posted about electrodynamics topics and others, including references.



[1] D. Fleisch. A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. 2008


[2] D. J. Griffiths. Introduction to Electrodynamics, Prentice-Hall Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ. 1999




No comments:

Post a Comment